In order to join and access CACC's e-mail discussion list, you will need a Yahoo! e-mail account. Yahoo! mail is a free Web-mail service and only takes a few minutes to set up. It provides you with a user name that will allow you to join any Yahoo! group, access to special Yahoo! services, an e-mail address that is accessible from any computer with an Internet connection and the ability to access your regular e-mail through the account.
To create a Yahoo! e-mail account
- Visit yahoo.com
- At the top of the page, click on "Mail"
- Click on the link "Sign Up"
- Read all instructions on this page and complete all blanks with your information. Once finished, click on the "Submit This Form" button at the bottom of page.
- If the ID you've chosen has already been used by another person, the next screen may ask you to enter another Yahoo! ID/e-mail address. Follow these instructions closely.
- Once your information is completed and accepted, a screen will appear welcoming you to Yahoo!.
- IMPORTANT! Write down your Yahoo! ID and Password and your E-mail Address. Keep this information in a safe place. Click on "Continue to Yahoo! Mail" to enter your new Yahoo! e-mail account.
- If you need help regarding how to use your e-mail account, click on "Mail Options." To exit from your e-mail, click on "Sign Out"
- When you wish to re-enter your e-mail at a future date, visit yahoo.com and click on "Email" at the top of the page.
- Enter your unique Yahoo! ID and Password that you had recorded in step 7 above, then click "Sign In."
To join and access CACC's e-mail discussion list
- Go to groups.yahoo.com/group/C_A_C_C/
- Click on "Join this group" near the top
- Sign in with your Yahoo! ID and Password.
- Here you can see information about: your Yahoo! profile and e-mail address, the messages you will receive, and delivery preferences for these messages, i.e., individual messages, a daily digest, plain text messages, or HTML messages.
- * If you prefer that your messages be delivered to another e-mail address (i.e., your Earthlink, RoadRunner, AOL, etc. account rather than your Yahoo! account), simply add the alternate address to your Yahoo! account by clicking on "Add new email address" and entering the requested information. You will be required to verify any alternate address. Click on "Verify" and Yahoo! will send a confirmation e-mail to that address. When you receive that confirmation e-mail at the alternate address (e.g. Earthlink, RoadRunner, AOL, etc.), please follow the instructions given in the e-mail and it will bring you back to the CACC's profile page.
- You can now select this new alternate e-mail address to receive all your group email!
- Click on "Join" at the bottom of the page.
- Your membership is now pending and once approved, you will begin to receive group messages.