Thank you for supporting the Charlotte Apple Computer Club! As a member in good standing, you are eligible for several club benefits.
Members’ Only Discounts
It is great to save money: the more you save, the more Mac stuff you can buy! Knowing that, we search MUG resources to bring great discounts to you.
Disc and Hard Drive Recycling
Committed to improving your environmental footprint and looking for a responsible way to dispose of your old CDs, DVDs, and hard drives? CACC provides members a complimentary disc and disk recycling service. Simply bring your old CDs, DVDs, and hard drives to any CACC event and give them to us. We’ll take care of recycling them for you. Please note that if you’re bringing a hard disk containing sensitive information, you should format the drive or otherwise destroy the data. If you’re bringing a CD or DVD that contains sensitive information, consider scratching the disc surface.
Why not just throw discs and disks in the trash? Consider these facts:CD/DVD Recycling Facts
Hard Drive Recycling Facts
- A cd/dvd is considered a class 7 recyclable plastic
- To manufacture a pound of plastic (30 CDs per pound), it requires 300 cubic feet of natural gas, 2 cups of crude oil and 24 gallons of water
- It is estimated that AOL alone has distributed more than 2 billion CDs. That is the natural gas equivalent of heating 200,000 homes for 1 year
- It is estimated that it will take over 1 million years for a CD to completely decompose in a landfill
- Each hard drive contains over one pound of recyclable aluminum
- Recycling one hard drive saves enough energy to:
- light a 100 watt bulb for 134 hours, or
- run your television for 102 hours or
- the energy equivalent of 1.5 gallons of gasoline
- Recycling aluminum is 95% more energy efficient than producing aluminum from ore
- Recycling aluminum results in 95% less air pollution and 97% less water pollution than producing aluminum from ore
Eligibility for Club Raffles
Free stuff is cool! Come to a meeting or event and you might just win something. All raffles are free to our members. We might ask to take your photo if you win, but sometimes we give away neat prizes.
Eligibility to contribute to the Club as a member of the Board of Directors
Within every person, there is a leader. And within every Mac user, there are great ideas that can help a MUG. If you would like to commit your ideas and some energy to the Club for a year, consider contributing as an Officer or member of the Board of Directors. Elections are held each April. For additional information, contact a current Board member or ask at a meeting. Sharing your feedback helps make us a success!
Free advertising at CharlotteAppleClub.org for your freelance, contract, or other small business
Finally – something in life that is free! Well, free with a membership. If you own a small business, do some consulting or freelancing, or just have a neat little something you do on the side, you can place your ad with us. As part of your membership, we will advertise for you on the Club’s site. Link to your own site, or just link to an e-mail address – it’s your choice.
CACC “Disk of the Month” Club
Are you looking for a source for Mac-related goodies, interesting applications and utilities, and pertinent updaters? Well, look no further than the CACC Disk of the Month (CACC DotM). At regular meetings or Club events we provide custom CACC disks that contain things that we have found interesting, entertaining, or that have been recommended to us. And if you are not able to make it one month or need a specific update, let us know and we will mail the disk to you. It really can be that simple!
Complimentary listing in the Membership Directory
One of our goals is to create a regional community of computer users. To help accomplish that, we offer a membership directory that includes as much – or as little – information as you would like. That way, if you meet somebody at a meeting, but just cannot seem to find the e-mail address in your PDA, we can help you with that information. To establish or update your listing in the directory, complete a membership update form
. Please remember, we value your privacy and do not share this information with anybody outside of CACC. And above all, please remember that a listing in the directory if completely optional!